Cardiovascular training (Cardio training) is any exercise that will raises your heart rate. You need a minimum of 20 minutes of continued elevated pulse to get the best results at least 3 times a week.
The American College of Sports Medicine recommends 30 minutes of moderate intensity physical activity most days of the week.
Here are the list of benefits that you get from Cardio training:
- Strengthen your heart
- Burning excess body fat, helping to decrease and control weight
(decreased body fat results in improved insulin sensitivity)
- Reduce body fat
- Reduce stress
- Improve sleep
- Boost your self-esteem (because you look and feel good)
- Lower your blood pressure
- Help with weight loss or maintain an ideal body weight
- It increases your metabolism
- Prevent or maintain cardiovascular diseases.
- Increase your energy levels
- Improve your mood (when exercising your body releases a chemical called Endorphins) which is a feel good chemical
- It strengthens your bone and joints
- Wards of depression